Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Easter

Well even though it has been just about a month since Easter I still have to post. It was a very low key Easter this year. Since Olivia had her tonsils out a few days before and my mom was in the hospital there wasn't a lot going on. The Easter bunny was very thoughtful of Olivia's sore throat and didn't give her any candy or eggs filled with candy. Instead she found eggs that had play dough in them. She had a fun time finding the eggs and pulling everything out of her basket. Since Olivia was still healing she wasn't able to go to church but of course she had to put on her new dress.
This year we tried to explain to Olivia what Easter is and why we really celebrate the holiday. She still doesn't quite grasp it and it will probably be a while until she understands the meaning behind Easter. I'm grateful for the gifts that our Savior gave us. I can't imagine how it would be without the atonement. I know that this gospel is true and that we will be able to return to our Heavenly Father again.


1 comment:

hoLLY said...

fun!!! glad you guys had a good easter even tho it was low key! that is nice. I saw those same easter baskets at down east..I debated getting them.so cute!