Saturday, October 4, 2008

GROWING BEFORE MY EYES

Olivia had her two month check-up this past Wednesday and it went really well. So the last few weeks everyone seems to ask how much does she weigh? Well the verdict is in, She weighs 9 lbs. 15 oz. and is 22 in. long. That puts her in the 25 % for her age. The doctor said that all looks good and that she is considered on the petite side.

So I will have to say that I thought I would be totally fine when she got her shots done but it is a different story when it actually happened. The sudden pain in her face and the high pitched scream was almost more than I could bare. The tears started welling up in my eyes and I could barely stand it. But my little girl was so brave! She cried from the sudden pain but shortly after they were done she just whimpered. She probably whimpered for about a half an hour and that was it. She wasn't whinny at all and actually she slept more the next two days than she ever has. I didn't know what to do with myself and I actually had to wake her up because it had been almost five hours since she had eaten. I'm thinking she needs her shots more often.

I know that people always say that your baby will grow before your eyes but I didn't fully understand how true that statement was until I had Olivia. She has gotten so much bigger and has changed in so many ways since she came home with us. She smiles so much and of course no one believes me because she wont do it around anyone but T.J. and I. She has started to make way more sounds and I could listen to it all day. She is growing out of her newborn clothes and starting to fit into 0/3 months which I thought would never happen. Time truly does fly by and before I know it she'll be a dramatic teenager.

So I forgot to take my camera to the doctors so I didn't get any pictures of her until later that day. I wanted to get some of her with her little band aids.

1 comment:

Jaimee said...

I love that little girl!!! She is just so perfect. I want to hold her again and soon! Love you all!