Monday, May 31, 2010

Shopping=DISASTER

Over the last month or two every time I go to the store with Olivia {which is all the time} she throws a fit! The second that we enter the store and she sees the shopping cart it's screams and kicks! I honestly fear going to the store of any sort and dread the dirty looks from everyone. I'm hoping that it's just a stage but my fear is that she is getting closer and becoming more like a TERRIBLE TWO YEAR OLD!!!!! What to do? Well the other day I went into Walmart real fast and was planning on buying her a camping chair. She loves to climb on and off of chairs and so I thought with summer coming up it would be great for her to have a small one just her size. I pulled it out to see what it looked like and she immediately wanted to sit in it and then of course when I put it back the TANTRUM started! I was probably out of my mind by letting her sit in the chair inside the cart, being that it wasn't the safest thing but it worked. She sat in it the whole time and didn't make a fuss. One grocery store trip done successfully and many more dread.

3 comments:

Ehlers Family said...

That is so FUNNY.. Whatever works right? Gotta love that sweet face though. Wonder what will work for Brooklyn? Hmm??

hoLLY said...

oh that too funny! and look how cute that chair is!I totally know how you are feeling! they are crazy!im still laughing about them on my table with bite marks aon the fake fruit and coke every where! ha hilarious!

Emily said...

That is awesome! Do what works!!! Especially to avoid tantrums in public! :) I hear ya and you are not alone! :)