Wednesday, March 31, 2010

80's Aerobics Anyone?

Olivia is now into these wonderful headbands. She has to put them on herself and then she wears them while she plays and dances around. It totally reminds me of an 80's aerobic instructor! Not that I'm old enough to have really remembered the eighties .
Last week Olivia went in for her surgery. Here she is sitting in the metal crib that hey put little kids or infants in. A little creepy to me but fortunately they didn't cart her back into the room with it. We handed her over to the nurse and she took her back. She woke up fairly quick but was very upset with what was going on. I felt bad for her and wanted to comfort her but she quickly decided that dad was who she wanted and didn't want me to touch her.
I didn't get any more pictures of her being that she was very unhappy but I did snap this one real fast before we put her jammies back on. They did an environmental allergy test and a food test on her and here are all the marks. Thank goodness she was out while this went on. We found out that she is allergic to cats, a type of mold that can grow on your bread or on fruit and she is border line with milk.
The surgery went well and hopefully she wont be sick as often. The Dr. said that her adenoids were huge and that they had to use the highest level of suction to get all the fluid in her ears. She was a very sick and congested baby. I feel so much better that we finally found out what was going on with her. The only thing is her tonsils are still quite large and more than likely she will have to go back in about a year and have them removed. I'm very grateful for a beautiful, happy, loving girl.

8 comments:

Shae and Zane said...

Poor girl!! Glad everything went ok and you know what is going on! Hope she feels better soon!!

Emily said...

Oh that makes me so sad that she had to go through all that! I bet you were so stressed! Glad to hear all went well, and I am sure she will be so much healthier and happier! Kinda nice to know what she is allergic to, too! She is a sweetheart!

Kim said...

Oh! Her poor little legs! She looks so innocent on that little hospital bed, little did she know what was happening. I love her! I hope this helps, and she feels better all summer!

Ehlers Family said...

Im so glad all that is over with. I cant believe how much hair she is getting in. It feels like we havent hung out in forever. We need to get together soon.

hoLLY said...

oh poor livi! im so glad it went well and she is doing better! those headbands are hilarious!

Steve & Heather said...

Brave little Olivia. I hope she feels better from everything real soon. By the way Hannah I love the pictures you've been taking of her. You should submit some to a baby contest or something (like on a cover of a magazine) she's gorgous!

Jaimee said...

Oh my poor little Olivia! I hope she is doing better! Love you guys!

The DiStefano Family said...

I am glad that everything went well. So not fun. I can't even imagine how hard that would be. I had to do tbe same allergy test on my back last October. It was so uncomfortable and itchy. I am glad she was not awake during it. We are allergic to the same things. Poor little thing. She's so cute!