Thursday, February 4, 2010

Knee deep in Pain

Well last Monday TJ went under the knife and had his ACL, Meniscus and something else repaired. Finally after 7 hours of surgery and recovery we were headed home!! I felt so bad for him, he was in a lot of pain and had major nausea.
I wanted to get a picture when we first took of his bandages three days after surgery but in the process of taking them off TJ passed out on me! I wasn't sure what to do and luckily he woke up fairly quickly. These pictures are a week after his surgery and the knee looks a lot better than it did. After a week of bed rest and lots of uncomfortableness he is up and back at work. He still has a while to go with therapy but I think he is just glad not to be at home on the couch all day.



This is the back of his leg and I thought I would show you how bruised his leg is all the way around it. Don't mind the hairy legs! haha
I finally took Olivia out to play in the snow the other day and she didn't mind it at all. She wasn't sure what to do and had no idea how to play in it. So I put her on the sled and pulled her around the yard. There is a little hill in the backyard and she had a blast going down it! She loved being in the sled!

The other day she found this bandanna and handed it to me, so I put it on her head. She left it on for quite a while which is surprising bc she never keeps anything on her head. The next day she found it again and brought it to me to put it on her.

3 comments:

Brady and Audrey said...

Olivia is looking so big, that's fun she played outside in the snow. I can't believe TJ's leg, I hope it starts feeling lots better!

Ehlers Family said...

Im glad Tj is feeling better. That's pretty scary stuff. I hope Olivia starts feeling better to. You need to treat yourself to a big sonic drink!!(p.s. let me know when you do and i'll come to haha)

Becky said...

Haha, I know those "man-tights" well. Josh had ankle surgery almost a year ago, and it looked so great with his shaved leg :) I hope he's feeling better!