Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What Have WE Been Up To?

What have we been up to?
1.Well as usual Olivia is growing and getting more and more curious about everything
2. She is a little over nine months
{ 16.25 lbs. 9%} { 27.75 in. 54%} { 16.5 hd cir. 5%}
3. She now has two very sharp,sparkly white teeth
4. She stands on her own for a little while
5. She took her first three steps all by herself today!!!! I screamed with joy and she looked at me like I was some insane mom. Well I guess just a bit.
6.She loves to play with all little kids and she is a very tuff girl
7. I've been busy with working a few extra days, so nothing gets done. example-blogging
8. The wonderful world of Men's softball started two weeks ago and guess what they already have a victory! Of course The DREADED BAD NEWS!! Last Friday night T.J. was up to bat and somehow hurt his knee again! For those who don't know it all started about 1 1/2 years ago at a softball game where he tore his MCL and since then no pain no game. He pulled the last straw and tore his ACL & damaged something else that I cant begin to spell. Finally Off to the DR.'s he went and found out that surgery will be required if he ever wants to do something other than sitting and walking. I feel really bad for him and know that he has been in a lot of pain the last couple of days. Your a great sport hubby and I love you!9. I finally planted all of my pots with flowers, & finally put Olivia's room together the way I've wanted it to look like.
10. I've been really good with exercising, I'm running the 5K{okay so I know it's only 3.2 miles but I haven't run in years} in Ogden on Saturday & so I started running about a month or so ago and I really like doing it. I want to give a shout out to my bro-in-law Darin who is running the 26 mile marathon for the fourth yr. & to Mitch another bro-in-law for running the 26 mile marathon also for second yr. & last but not least my big sis Rachel who will be running the 13 mile race!
11. I decided to give my mom for mother's day something that she would be able to have and remember for a long time. So I spent quite a while making a 20x30 collage of all the grandchildren. There are 22 grand kids in my family and more than likely some to come in the future.

May I add and of course this is bias but my mom and all My siblings have some beautiful grandchildren & children. I just wanted to say a few things about mothers, I love my mom, she has been such an example to me through out my life and now that I'm a mom I can truly say how appreciative I am to her. Being a mother is a job , there are long hours, you get dirty, you don't get paid a hourly wage, and you never get to leave. Yes motherhood is hard but to have the opportunity to raise children and love them with all your heart is worth every long hour. Thanks to all the moms that I have had the opportunity to be around! your all great!
It was a long post so I'm sorry, I'll have to do a better job with the updates.

4 comments:

Steph said...

What a dang cute collage!! I'm so impressed!! I totally know what you mean about the screaming for joy, Selma rolled over a couple weeks ago and we freaked out, we were like "Way to go sweetie!!!" like so loud and rushed over to her and she was just like "Who are these people?" Being a mom's so fun :)

Kim said...

Oh, she is so cute! Walking? I love the gift you made your mom. I'll bet she was so excited. What cute kids! Except I am partial and favor one of them just a little bit! Darling pictures of my little girl..I am ready to see her. It has been too long! Love you guys tons!

hoLLY said...

such a cute post! I cant believe Olivis is practically walking!!! she is sooo stinkin cute! and Im glad you posted the collage I wanted to see it, so cute! Good job! love hte post, yay1 for tomorrow 5k will be fun!

hoLLY said...

sorry I cant spell!hehe