Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Nursery

When T.J. and I found out we were having a baby, I wanted to start right away on the nursery. Of course it didn't work out that way, We had to wait until we knew what we were having. Well the plans begun the day we found out that a little girl was on her way!
This is a picture of what the room looked like before. It had all of our stuff that had no specific place, basically all our junk. We had put a few things in there to make it more homey but we failed tragically. So when the news came only a month after we moved in I was totally excited to get started.
After we (meaning mostly ME) cleared the room out, it was time for painting. I painted to entire room a really pretty green that I think turned out great. After the paint we had to rip off all the molding and put up new molding so that we could put the waynescotting up. It was way more work than I thought it would be but with the help of my wonderful sister Emily we finally got the job done.
So here is T.J. trying to put the crib together all by himself, of course he needed my help. It didn't take us long before it was up and looking good. We'll see how it holds up.
I finally got some things in the room, we put the bedding on and put a very cute sticker of her name. It's starting to come together.
Here's another view of the room, in the corner is her stroller and carseat the we finally got after a month and a half of waiting to come. The room is still in progress with a few decorations to put up and hopefully we'll have it done by the time she comes.

5 comments:

Ehlers Family said...

I think Olivia's room turned out so cute.. you did a great job Hanna. I cant wait to see the rest of it when it gets done.

Ryan said...

T.J looks really confused. Poor guy. LOL!!!! Don't worry TJ we have all been there! Just kidding. The room looks really good, can't wait for the little darlin!!!!

hoLLY said...

your nursery is so dang cute! you have done such a wonderful job! like always. Olivia is going to love it!

The DiStefano Family said...

This is adorable! Little Olivia is a very lucky girl! I can't wait. She is going to be here so soon!

Laura said...

I am not surprised on how dang cute the room turned out. I hope your shower went well and love the stroller set AND your bedding...it was good seeing you two last week and now the count down is on...very exciting!